Turtles/Releasing Turtles

Question
Hello there. I have three hatchling Indian Roofed Turtles. Size about 1 Inch. I am a busy person for which currently I am not able to take good care of them. So I am thinking of releasing them in a very large lake. The water color of that lake is green and it has lots of trees around it. And many people walk and sit near it but they don't drink water from it. I've seen lots of bugs, mosquitos and flies flying near it. Should I release them there ? As I said they are just babies. Will they get food in that lake ?

Answer
This depends. Where were these hatchlings obtained? Were they taken from the wild or were they captive bred by you or purchased this way?

Post a photo of their size, and of this lake as well if you can photograph it.
Another question is, are the other water sources around of a similar color? Do you see fish or other turtles in this lake, or only insects?
Does the water appear to be lively and fresh, or stagnated?  

Turtles

Mick