Turtles/I.D.

Question
Http://www.allexperts.com
Http://www.allexperts.  

Http://www.allexperts.com
Http://www.allexperts.  
I have had this baby turtle for about a month now. I found him/her after a thunderstorm by under my window. I have no I sea what kind of turtle it is and I would like to know. He/she does not have a hinge on it's shell so I know it's not a box turtle. I have him in a 20 gallon aquarium with half water and half land. I have seen it in the water various time but he/she prefers land. It will burrow in the dirt I have provided for it. The dirt is moist, similar to mud. I have put bugs in the aquarium ,various species of grass and leaves, I have also tried fruits. The baby will eat the fruits and some leaves but I haven't noticed any bugs missing. I have him under a heat lamp I previously used for my bearded dragon. Thank you.

Answer
It's a box turtle. They don't have a functioning hinge until they're older.  Please return it to where you found it. Wild turtles belong in the wild, and box turtle species have been decimated by collection. They are also protected in most areas and it may be illegal to have one in your possession.  It's best for the turtle that it be released ASAP.  

Turtles

Jeannie