The Twilight Zone/Remember plot, but not the show.

doctorhaha wrote at 2010-03-12 04:51:20
In the "Twilight Zone" episode you're referencing, there is a stone lion.  But it doesn't appear in the ending.  The ending shows a "real" lion, waiting at the foot of the bed of the main character's bedroom.  When he enters, we assume he's eaten by the lion.  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ha_jZEEEDs

Roger wrote at 2012-01-03 08:55:41
I distinctly remember this a a Twilight Zone episode. However, it is not "The Jungle" as this was a different episode.

The story-line involves a convicted man who cannot be killed. Execution is attempted in many forms; however, he laughs at all the failed attempts. He say that he can only die at the foot of a lion.

I seem to recall that he slips and falls on a wet and rainy night and dies. As the camera pans away, his body is at the feet of the statue lion I'm front of the New York Library. Damned if I can remember the name of the episode.

~Roger~

Roger wrote at 2012-01-03 08:58:32

~Roger~

Roger wrote at 2012-01-03 09:14:42
Opposss ... I Stand Corrected ... It Was Not The Twilight Zone. Here Is The Correct Answer:

One Step Beyond fictionalized teleplay

For the American television series Alcoa Presents: One Step Beyond, scriptwriter Alfred Brenner fictionalized John Lee's story under the title The Devil's Laughter. It was aired as the series' 11th episode in March 1959. In the drama, the main character (here named John Marriott) survives multiple attempts to hang him for the murder of a woman, first as the gallows rope snaps, then as the trap door fails, as in Lee's case. Unlike Lee, Marriott admits to the slaying. However, like Lee, Marriott is dubbed "the man who can't be hanged" and is released from prison. During the first execution attempt, Marriott had had a vision that he would die somewhere in London "at the foot of a lion". Because Marriott regards this as impossible, he openly exploits his seeming ability to defy death, as Lee did, and defiantly survives another attempt to kill him. Ultimately, he dies in a careless fall, breaking his neck at the foot of one of London's many lion statues. This fatalistic ending Brenner's invention to give his fictional version a moral conclusion has no counterpart in the original account of Lee.

~Roger~

unome wrote at 2012-09-05 00:02:56
Yes--In the beginning the man was a condemned prisoner who was being hung but the rope or something failed and he survived. But as he was falling he had a vision that he would "die at the feet of a lion".  The plot unfolds as the man comes to believe he is otherwise invincible--as long as he does not cross paths with a lion--even a revolver fails to fire when aimed at him.  Then as the story ends his imagination is running wild and he thinks he is being stalked.  He soon breaks into a frantic run and falls down a flight of stairs killing himself--the camera pans upward to the view of a statue of a lion.

But I have no idea of the name.  I haven't thought of this for many many years.  It may have been on Alcoa presents

Lonnie A. wrote at 2013-08-25 01:05:03
I do not know the episode number, but the banner of it is "The Devil's Laughter." It starred Alfred Ryder. It is in The Very Best Of disc set...Disc 1, episode 7. I hope this answer finds you, Mate. GREAT EPISODE!!!

Lonnie A. wrote at 2013-08-25 15:08:40

The Twilight Zone

John Crocker