The Twilight Zone/Episode of the twilight zone

As a child in the 60s I saw an episode that scared me like no other. I can't find any info on it and haven't seen it since.  I remember a neighborhood was taken from earth into space during the night.  I remember the people being scared to go past a certain point on the road out of the neighborhood  and  they were visited by an alien maybe.  Anyway  I remember they got this white matter on their skin and anyone who touched them got it too.  I remember at the end they all joined hands and got the disease.  Am I crazy or was there an episode like that one?

This sounds like 'Feasibility Study' from season 3 of the Outer Limits (1997).  The same episode also existed in the original Outer Limits series (1963).

Season 1, Episode 29

Season 3, Episode 17

Hope this helps.

The Twilight Zone

John Crocker

I can answer questions related to actors, plots, titles, dates, Rod Serling, Original and New Twilight Zone episodes, and history of the Twilight Zone.

I designed and maintain a Twilight Zone homage page at (founded in 1996). I also own several books about the Twilight Zone, Rod Serling and other aspects of the TV show.