U.S. History/Federalists

What factors accounted for the Federalists' inability to regain national power after they lost the election of 1800?

What external and internal factors drew the US into war against Britain? Could the war have been avoided?

I will answer the top homework question you have but I will leave the bottom two homework questions for YOU to research.

1.  The Hartford Convention and its negative aftermath.
2.  Jefferson adopting several Federalist ideals and principles and stealing the thunder of the Federalists.
3.  The move towards nationalism following the War of 1812 revealed the sectionalist nature of the New England Federalists and they lost popularity
4.  The Federalists pro-British attitudes caused many Americans to doubt their allegiance to the United States

Good luck in your future research.

U.S. History

Steve Anderson, MA

Any area of American History, EXCEPT military history or economic history, these are not strong points of mine. Areas of particular expertise include the assassination of John F. Kennedy, 19th century women's history, 1950s-1960s popular culture, 1920s, Colonial America, Jacksonian Era, migration west, immigration, ethnic history, presidential decisions, treaties, tariffs, causes and results of wars, and entertainment history since World War II (television, movies, and music.)

Twenty-five years of teaching Advanced Placement American History, Bachelor's and Master's Degrees in American History, thirty post-graduate hours in American History

Member of Phi Alpha Theta--The History Honor Society (November 2001), California Teacher's Association

American History Teaching Credential, Recognized by the University of Chicago as an Outstanding Educator