U.S. History/Pilgrims departure from England

Why did the Pilgrims leave England in the fall?  It seems it would have made more sense to leave in the spring and have the summer to prepare for winter, not just a month or so.  Thanks for sharing!

Hello, Lynette:

1. They wanted to harvest their crops so they would have food on the way to America.

2. They wanted to escape the endless recounts of election ballots in the 1620 "Battle for the Throne."

U.S. History

Hank Hokamp

U. S. (American) History has been a hobby of mine for many a moon. When you understand history, you understand basic concepts and ideas. You will learn about cause and effect, relationships and human nature. I seem to have this "savior complex" due to which I seem to be automatically attracted to people who need my help on a daily basis. Since we are the only critters on the planet, how about joining me? Pleasure and satisfaction are your rewards. Remember to spend some time with your loved ones, because they are not going to be around forever. Remember, say a kind word to someone who looks up to you in awe, because that little person soon will grow up and leave your side.

19 years which includes research!

Phi Delta Theta Fraternity; Paralegal Assns.; Noon Optimists; DeMolay

Champaign (IL) News-Gazette newspaper (Feature writer and City reporter); Galveston News-Tribune; Orlando Sentinel-Star et al.

Two universities, one college and an institute. My major was Journalism with minors in American History and Sociology.

46 athletic awards, mostly in basketball, baseball and golf.