U.S. History/elisabeth reed bracknell

are you sure she was cherokee? she is  my gg grand mother  and i was told she was chickasaw im trying toacquire a picture of her from some one that said he had one but failed to locate him

This is the best I can do, Billie:

The name Bracknell was changed to Brackner. This is the way it was pronounced in the South. John Daniel Bracknell, born 1818, was married to Elizabeth Reed, a full blooded Cherokee Indian born in a wigwam in Culman, AL. She was an Indian maiden.

Cherokee County was created by the Alabama legislature on 1836, Jan. 9. It was named for the Cherokee Indians, who ceded the land that now comprises the county to the Federal government by the treaty of New Echota, 1835 Dec. 29. Cherokee County is located in the northeastern portion of the state, in the Appalachian Mountains. Cherokee County encompasses 553 square miles. It is bordered on the north by DeKalb County, on the west by Etowah County, on the south by Calhoun and Cleburne, and the east by Chattooga and Floyd Counties, GA.

If I come across more info, I'll contact you.

U.S. History

Hank Hokamp

U. S. (American) History has been a hobby of mine for many a moon. When you understand history, you understand basic concepts and ideas. You will learn about cause and effect, relationships and human nature. I seem to have this "savior complex" due to which I seem to be automatically attracted to people who need my help on a daily basis. Since we are the only critters on the planet, how about joining me? Pleasure and satisfaction are your rewards. Remember to spend some time with your loved ones, because they are not going to be around forever. Remember, say a kind word to someone who looks up to you in awe, because that little person soon will grow up and leave your side.

19 years which includes research!

Phi Delta Theta Fraternity; Paralegal Assns.; Noon Optimists; DeMolay

Champaign (IL) News-Gazette newspaper (Feature writer and City reporter); Galveston News-Tribune; Orlando Sentinel-Star et al.

Two universities, one college and an institute. My major was Journalism with minors in American History and Sociology.

46 athletic awards, mostly in basketball, baseball and golf.