U.S. History/Holocaust

Question
If you were going into hiding for The Holocaust, what problems would you face?

Answer
Hi Amy.

Some issues one would face would be trouble finding someone who would take them in, many gentiles (what they called non-Jews) were often very scared to take in Jews for fear of what would happen to them if it was discovered they were hiding someone. Another issue people faced when going into hiding was exactly that--being found out. It would result in going to a concentration camp, an almost certain death. If someone found out a Jew was in hiding, you could almost be 100% sure they would tell, not necessarily because they harbored ill feelings for Jews (though this often was the case) but they were scared that if they didn't tell someone, they too would get in trouble.

U.S. History

Emma