U.S. History/History

How did the articles of confederation favor state rights

The Articles of Confederation gave the federal government no power over citizens.  If the federal government passed a law, each State had to approve the law before it went into effect over citizens of the state.  This was called "legislation for states."  Each state was assessed an amount to pay the federal government, but there was no enforcement method (other than the military).  Therefore, the states had all the power and the federal government could only make "suggestions" about laws, taxes, and military recruitment.  

I hope this helps.

Mary E Webster  

U.S. History

Mary E Webster

Federalist papers. What the Founding Fathers would have to say about current political issues based on the Federalist Papers, written to defend and promote ratification of our Constitution. Spent 4 years studying The Federalist Papers and re-writing them into easier-to-read English. My new edition was published in Spring, 1999: The Federalist Papers: In Modern Language/Indexed for Today`s Political Issues Other than the Federalist Papers, my knowledge of history is very limited.