U.S. History/History

Question
Impact of the French and Indian War on interior Indian tribes, the American Colonists, and the colonists' relationship with Great Britain.

Answer
Interior tribes largely sided with the losing French, which meant that after the war, many of them lost land to the British colonists.  Western expansion by colonists increased greatly after the war established that all of that land would be ruled by Britain rather than France.

The American Colonists tended to prosper after the war.  Westward expansion increased, as did trade.  For the most part these were good times.  However, that changed when Britain decided to start enforcing trade restrictions and imposing direct taxes.  This led to colonial protests and boycotts, and eventually to violence and finally the American Revolution.

I hope this helps!
- Mike  

U.S. History

Michael Troy