U.S. History/u.s history

Question
what is the samurai's code?

Answer
Hello,

The Samurai were Japanese warriors from the middle ages.  Like the knights of Europe, who followed a code of chivalry, the Samurai had a code to live their life by.  Today the code is often called Bushido, although this name came into play more recently.

The primary duty of a Samurai was loyalty to his lord.  He must be totally obedient.  There was also a duty of vengeance if some harm came to his lord.  Samurai also held to a strict code of honor and competence that did not allow for failure.  If a Samurai failed, it was common to commit suicide rather than face the dishonor.

I hope this helps!
- Mike  

U.S. History

Michael Troy