U.S. History/World War II Rise of the dictators/

Hello, I was wondering if you could give me any answers on The Rise of the Dictators in World War II, I need to get good information on Benito Mussolini, Adolf Hitler, and Josef Stalin. Also I was wondering if you could give me any info on the affects of America when they were went into the war.

You can find a good biographical summary of the three WWII leaders about which you ask:

US entry into WWII resulted in a drastic increase in government spending for the war effort.  This greatly increased employment and put an end to the Great Depression.  However, as most work was done for the war effort, there was less for workers to spend money on.  Gas and many types of food were rationed.  Factories were making war materials rather than consumer goods.  Most people were urged to buy war bonds with any extra money they earned.

For more on US life during WWII, you may find this site helpful:

- Mike  

U.S. History

Michael Troy

I can answer just about any question on early American History. My specialties are the American Revolution through the Civil War/Reconstruction. I also have greater expertise in matters relating to military, political or legal history.

I have lectured at George Washington University regarding the Civil War, as well as several elementary school Civil War demonstrations. I was also a member of a Civil War reenactment group for about 10 years.

J.D. University of Michigan B.A. George Washington University

Truman Scholar