U.S. History/Navajo Code Talkers in WWII

Hello, I am an 8th grader doing a National History Day project about the Navajo Code Talkers of WWII. I was hoping that you could supply me with as much information about this topic as possible. mainly about the Code Talkers rights and the governments responsibilities concerning the Code Talkers. Thank You!

The Navajo code talkers were quite useful during the war because their language was not understood by just about anyone in the world.  The enemy could understand them.  To learn more about the code talkers, you may find these sites helpful:

I hope this helps!
- Mike  

U.S. History

Michael Troy

I can answer just about any question on early American History. My specialties are the American Revolution through the Civil War/Reconstruction. I also have greater expertise in matters relating to military, political or legal history.

I have lectured at George Washington University regarding the Civil War, as well as several elementary school Civil War demonstrations. I was also a member of a Civil War reenactment group for about 10 years.

J.D. University of Michigan B.A. George Washington University

Truman Scholar