U.S. History/texas revolution/ mexican american war

how did wars such as the texas revolution and mexican american war lead to political dysfunction in america?

Those wars led to the acquisition of more territories in the American Southwest.  Since slavery was prohibited in western territories to the north by the Missouri Compromise, these southern lands gave more room for Slave States to add to their number through western expansion.  This expansion of slavery became a key political issue that eventually led to the Civil War.

I hope this helps!
- Mike  

U.S. History

Michael Troy

I can answer just about any question on early American History. My specialties are the American Revolution through the Civil War/Reconstruction. I also have greater expertise in matters relating to military, political or legal history.

I have lectured at George Washington University regarding the Civil War, as well as several elementary school Civil War demonstrations. I was also a member of a Civil War reenactment group for about 10 years.

J.D. University of Michigan B.A. George Washington University

Truman Scholar