U.S. History/U.S History

Question
Describe Industialization's political impact on the United states

Answer
Meet my new neighbor.
Meet my new neighbor.  
  Hello, Mary:

Examples of government or state actions designed to create a productive environment for economic accumulation, also called regulation, are common.  Internationally, the trade agreements negotiated by members of the General Agreement on Trade and Tariffs (GATT) help define global trade regulations.  Governments provide development assistance bilaterally or through international agencies like the International Monetary Fund (IMF) and the World Bank and regional agencies like the Asian Development Bank and the Inter American Development Bank.

Governments have devised export processing zones, maquiladoras, empowerment zones, and tax free zones to attract and retain economic investment.  Other strategies include the reduction of trade tariffs to promote the free movement of goods, capital, and in some cases labor across national borders (compare the EU and NAFTA), and the facilitation of access to national markets for firms who produce locally. Governments may also find it economically, politically, and morally undesirable to accept large regional disparities in economic growth. The creation of growth poles, regional development agencies, and even forward thrust capitals, together with the decentralization of public sector activities, have all been used to address these spatial inequalities in a domestic setting.  Governments can do a great deal to influence the direction of local economic development by building infrastructure or making grants.

That should do it, my friend. Thanks for the question, Mary.

HANK  

U.S. History

Hank Hokamp