U.S. History/VA Convention of 1775

I am trying to help a lady join the DAR.  I have read her ancestor was a representative at the 1775 VA Convention.  

His name is JOHN RUFFIN. Can you tell me where I can find documented listing that shows this for my proof.

You know DAR needs to prove it all out not just what someone has said. That is why I am asking for a listing of these men.

I appreciate your help. Thank you,

Four Flags DAR

Hi Kathy,

The Journal for the 1775 Virginia conventions are available here:

I see an entry for a John Ruffin representing Dinwiddie County for the session that begins in July.  The tough part is proving that your candidate's ancestor and the delegate are one and the same.

I hope this helps!
- Mike  

U.S. History

Michael Troy

I can answer just about any question on early American History. My specialties are the American Revolution through the Civil War/Reconstruction. I also have greater expertise in matters relating to military, political or legal history.

I have lectured at George Washington University regarding the Civil War, as well as several elementary school Civil War demonstrations. I was also a member of a Civil War reenactment group for about 10 years.

J.D. University of Michigan B.A. George Washington University

Truman Scholar