U.S. History/The American Revolution

I need a bit help with the question; how did the American Revolution really effect the following periods? I can think that it effected somewhat with its governmental system, but how?

ANSWER: I can't figure out what the question is here.

QUESTION: How the American revolution has influenced or effected the society today.

1.  Led to an independent United States
2.  Allowed America to establish their own allies and trade partners
3.  Allowed the United States to write their own Constitution and subsequent amendments
4.  Allowed the United States to build its own military
5.  Allowed the United States to develop a country with enviable freedoms

U.S. History

Steve Anderson, MA

Any area of American History, EXCEPT military history or economic history, these are not strong points of mine. Areas of particular expertise include the assassination of John F. Kennedy, 19th century women's history, 1950s-1960s popular culture, 1920s, Colonial America, Jacksonian Era, migration west, immigration, ethnic history, presidential decisions, treaties, tariffs, causes and results of wars, and entertainment history since World War II (television, movies, and music.)

Twenty-five years of teaching Advanced Placement American History, Bachelor's and Master's Degrees in American History, thirty post-graduate hours in American History

Member of Phi Alpha Theta--The History Honor Society (November 2001), California Teacher's Association

American History Teaching Credential, Recognized by the University of Chicago as an Outstanding Educator