U.S. History/history

Question
WHAT IS THE CHILDRENS MARCH.IN THE CIVIL RIGHTS ACT OF 1964

Answer
Hello,

The Children's March was a protest march in Birmingham, AL in May 1963 by the city's black school children.  It received a great deal of worldwide press attention because the city's chief of police attacked the children with fire hoses and dogs, even though the march itself remained nonviolent.

There is nothing in the Civil Rights Act of 1964 that discusses the March directly.  However, many believe that the media attention from the march helped convince many Americans to support the Civil Rights Act the following year.

I hope this helps!
- Mike  

U.S. History

Michael Troy