U.S. History/History

All of the following contributed to relative stability during the early years of the cold war except? A. crushing the Hungarian uprising B. Creation of east Germany C. Chinese communist victory in the Chinese civil war D. America rebuking it's allies Britain and france during the suez crisis

This is a rather poorly written question since all four of these things potentially led to instability and all out war between the major powers.  I think what the question is trying to ask is what events help set the stage for the Cold War between Communist and non-communist powers and better define the sides.   If that is the case, then D. is the right answer as that ended up being a dispute between several non-communist powers.

- Mike  

U.S. History

Michael Troy

I can answer just about any question on early American History. My specialties are the American Revolution through the Civil War/Reconstruction. I also have greater expertise in matters relating to military, political or legal history.

I have lectured at George Washington University regarding the Civil War, as well as several elementary school Civil War demonstrations. I was also a member of a Civil War reenactment group for about 10 years.

J.D. University of Michigan B.A. George Washington University

Truman Scholar