U.S. History/quartermaster sergeant

I am in  a rev war reenacting unit Warner's regiment of the green mountain boys. Fiscal ailments prevent me from fielding and have taken the potion Quarter Master Sjt. I would like more information of the duties and responsibilities of a Quarter Master Sjt.

Eric Kirchner

A quartermaster is generally responsible for all the supplies that keep an army running.  Obtaining arms, ammunition, other equipment such as tents, wagons, tools, etc.  Feed for horses and men are also typically part of a quartermaster duties, but during the Revolutionary war, most soldiers were on their own for obtaining food most of the time.  Quartermasters also paid soldiers, but again during the Revolution, soldiers were rarely paid.

I hope this helps!
- Mike

U.S. History

Michael Troy

I can answer just about any question on early American History. My specialties are the American Revolution through the Civil War/Reconstruction. I also have greater expertise in matters relating to military, political or legal history.

I have lectured at George Washington University regarding the Civil War, as well as several elementary school Civil War demonstrations. I was also a member of a Civil War reenactment group for about 10 years.

J.D. University of Michigan B.A. George Washington University

Truman Scholar