U.S. History/America History

How did the prosperity of the 1920s give way to the
Great Depression?
B. Use a flowchart to note what happened in the wake of the stock market crash.

During the 1920's investors bid up stocks to unreasonably high levels.  This eventually led to a crash, which led to a general breakdown of the economy.

The market crash contributed to the crash of many banks, leading to revoked mortgages and foreclosures.  It caused many business to fail, which led to high unemployment.  Many people became homeless and hungry as a result.

I hope this helps!
- Mike  

U.S. History

Michael Troy

I can answer just about any question on early American History. My specialties are the American Revolution through the Civil War/Reconstruction. I also have greater expertise in matters relating to military, political or legal history.

I have lectured at George Washington University regarding the Civil War, as well as several elementary school Civil War demonstrations. I was also a member of a Civil War reenactment group for about 10 years.

J.D. University of Michigan B.A. George Washington University

Truman Scholar