U.S. History/Jesse and Frank James Photo

Question
Jesse James
Jesse James  

Jesse & Frank
Jesse & Frank  
I have a small photo of two cowboys/outlaws that I think could be Jesse & Frank James. I would be willing to send the photo to you if when you look at it that you may need to take a closer look at it. It is a tin type round photo of two gentlemen that I do believe is Jesse and Frank.

Thanks in advance for all of you help. Dot

Answer
Hi Dot,

While there is some vague resemblance, I really don't think this is a picture of the James Brothers.  Most pictures of the brothers are well known to historians, and this is not one of them.  Absent some further evidence beyond the photograph itself, I'd say this is a photo of two other young men from the late 19th Century.

Sorry,
- Mike

U.S. History

Michael Troy