U.S. History/treaty of paris 1763

can you list the long term effects of the treaty of paris in 1763, (the french and indian war)?

The most significant long term effect was probably British control of Canada and the removal of France from North America.  This indirectly helped lead to American Independence as well.  The treaty also established Britain as the second most important power in the western hemisphere, behind Spain, and made clear that France would not be a major colonial power.  

- Mike

U.S. History

Michael Troy

I can answer just about any question on early American History. My specialties are the American Revolution through the Civil War/Reconstruction. I also have greater expertise in matters relating to military, political or legal history.

I have lectured at George Washington University regarding the Civil War, as well as several elementary school Civil War demonstrations. I was also a member of a Civil War reenactment group for about 10 years.

J.D. University of Michigan B.A. George Washington University

Truman Scholar