U.S. History/Indian removal act

Question
who benefited from the Indian Removal Act. What were the benefits?
What were the problems with the Act?

Answer
Hello,

The beneficiaries were the people in various southern States who obtained the land that had belonged to the five Indian tribes.  The States received free land and no longer had to negotiate with the tribes in their States, who were forced to leave.

The main problem with the act was that it was an act of theft and cruelty against the Indians.  Today such as Act would be called ethnic cleansing and would be considered a crime against humanity.

I hope this helps!
- Mike  

U.S. History

Michael Troy