U.S. History/The Battle of Gettysburg

Hello, Michael! My name is Tanner and I am an eighth grader doing a gigantic research project on Gettysburg for my Quest Language class. If it is not too much trouble, I am hoping that you would be up for an interview! A critical part of my research project is that I interview an expert on the Civil War and you seem to fit the description! If you would please email me back, I would like to ask you a handful of questions regarding the battle of Gettysburg! Also, if you would include your phone number and/or email address, I could send you a "Thank You" letter for all the trouble I put you through. Thanks again!

Hi Tanner,

I don't give out my personal information in this forum, but I'm happy to answer any questions you have about the Battle of Gettysburg.  You can also send follow up questions if you need more info after I provide answers.  That should meet your assignment's interview requirements.

- Mike

U.S. History

Michael Troy

I can answer just about any question on early American History. My specialties are the American Revolution through the Civil War/Reconstruction. I also have greater expertise in matters relating to military, political or legal history.

I have lectured at George Washington University regarding the Civil War, as well as several elementary school Civil War demonstrations. I was also a member of a Civil War reenactment group for about 10 years.

J.D. University of Michigan B.A. George Washington University

Truman Scholar