U.S. History/essay exam!

How did American warfare changed from the Spanish American War to World War II??

This is obviously a very broad question that could fill several volumes of books.  But very briefly, here are a few of the main developments.

The primary change during this era was mechanization.  Tanks became a primary battle piece during WWII.  Airplanes and long distance bombing also became a major factor.  Both of these were non-existent in the Span-Am war.  Also developments such as wireless radio and radar drastically changed warfare.  Naval Advancement saw much larger ships, submarines and aircraft carriers.

Primary land transportation was horses and the only thing in the air was a balloon for surveillance.  Chemical weapons were developed during WWI, but not used in WWII.  Nuclear weapons were used in WWII.

- Mike

U.S. History

Michael Troy

I can answer just about any question on early American History. My specialties are the American Revolution through the Civil War/Reconstruction. I also have greater expertise in matters relating to military, political or legal history.

I have lectured at George Washington University regarding the Civil War, as well as several elementary school Civil War demonstrations. I was also a member of a Civil War reenactment group for about 10 years.

J.D. University of Michigan B.A. George Washington University

Truman Scholar