U.S. History/Growth of big business

How did the population growth impact the growth of big business

If there are more people in the population, the businesses that serve those people can be larger.  But in fact, both population growth and the growth of big business have been impacted by the industrial revolution.  The processes of the industrial revolution have allowed cities to become much larger by creating more efficient housing spaces, better infrastructure and less disease.  This has led greatly to the growth of much larger cities.  Infrastructure and better communications have also led to larger businesses that can be controlled across larger geographical areas and serve much larger numbers of people.

- Mike  

U.S. History

Michael Troy

I can answer just about any question on early American History. My specialties are the American Revolution through the Civil War/Reconstruction. I also have greater expertise in matters relating to military, political or legal history.

I have lectured at George Washington University regarding the Civil War, as well as several elementary school Civil War demonstrations. I was also a member of a Civil War reenactment group for about 10 years.

J.D. University of Michigan B.A. George Washington University

Truman Scholar