U.S. History/post iraq

muqtar da al saddar is the shia leader who made his presence felt and placed pressures on the us aswell as iraq government.some would say he is revolutionary others portray him as just pure evil...what steps did he atke from start to finish once saddams regime toppled?  val

Muqtada Al Sadr was the son of a widely respected Ayatollah in Iraq.  His father had been killed by Saddam Hussein years earlier.  As Iraq descended into chaos after the US invasion, Al Sadr formed a militia for local control of territory in an area near Baghdad.  At first the US tried to work with him as an ally, but then decided he could not be controlled and tried to imprison him.  This led to major warfare between Al Sadr's militia and US troops.  Eventually, the US backed off its demand to have him arrested and allowed him to enter politics.  He was elected to Parliament and continues to hold influence.  Today he is allied with the coalition battling ISIS.

= Mike

U.S. History

Michael Troy

I can answer just about any question on early American History. My specialties are the American Revolution through the Civil War/Reconstruction. I also have greater expertise in matters relating to military, political or legal history.

I have lectured at George Washington University regarding the Civil War, as well as several elementary school Civil War demonstrations. I was also a member of a Civil War reenactment group for about 10 years.

J.D. University of Michigan B.A. George Washington University

Truman Scholar