U.S. History/politics course

Michael thanks fo your last answer  which combination in your opinion is far powerfull  history and politics    philosophy and politics or politics and economics   please select one of the 3 and explain your reasons why and why the other 2 are adequate   please advise  p.s. does sociology combine well with politics ..please advise  val

While all three certainly have an impact, I would say economics has the strongest relationship with politics.  People tend to develop political systems based on the ways of benefiting the economic well being of those creating the system.  For that matter, philosophy and history are also commonly developed or understood in a lens toward systems that benefit one economically.  

It is not always the case.  There are certainly cases where philosophy, particularly religious philosophies, or historic circumstances can have a greater impact on political behavior.  But in the longer term economic well being tends to be the main driver of political action.

All of that said, if you are considering a course of study, much of it would have to do with what interests you most.  My own background is in politics and history, as well as a minor in religion.  I was interested in the interrelationships of those studies and found it very interesting.  But much of it comes down to personal interest and where the student feels drawn.

- Mike

U.S. History

Michael Troy

I can answer just about any question on early American History. My specialties are the American Revolution through the Civil War/Reconstruction. I also have greater expertise in matters relating to military, political or legal history.

I have lectured at George Washington University regarding the Civil War, as well as several elementary school Civil War demonstrations. I was also a member of a Civil War reenactment group for about 10 years.

J.D. University of Michigan B.A. George Washington University

Truman Scholar