U.S. History/U.S. History Andrew Carnegie

What argument does Carnegie make about the uses to which the great fortunes of industrialists should be devoted?

In his essay on the Gospel of Wealth, Carnegie urged that those to attained great wealth be used for the betterment of society generally.  The rich industrialist who had built up that wealth was best suited to determine how that betterment is defined.  

- Mike

U.S. History

Michael Troy

I can answer just about any question on early American History. My specialties are the American Revolution through the Civil War/Reconstruction. I also have greater expertise in matters relating to military, political or legal history.

I have lectured at George Washington University regarding the Civil War, as well as several elementary school Civil War demonstrations. I was also a member of a Civil War reenactment group for about 10 years.

J.D. University of Michigan B.A. George Washington University

Truman Scholar