U.S. History/French-Indian War

Question
What roles did Connecticut play during the French-Indian War?

Answer
The French and Indian War was largely fought in what is today Western Pennsylvania and New York as well as areas along the Great Lakes.  I don't think there was any combat in Connecticut.  That colony did send militia to fight in combat.  The were involved in the capture of Crown Point and Ticonderoga, and the invasion of Canada.  Some were also involve in the British Expedition to Cuba during the War.  Because many men from Connecticut were accomplished sailors, many of them also served as privateers during the War.

- Mike

U.S. History

Michael Troy