U.S. History/immigration

How did later groups of immigrants, like the Italians, the Polish, and the Jewish were treated when they came here in the 1900s.

In general terms, they were treated much like earlier groups of immigrants.  Those who were from other groups who had been in America for generations tended to express concerns about how they were taking jobs and changing American culture with their different traditions.  They tended to be isolated from other groups and tended to live in their own communities.  They also generally moved into many of the hardest and lowest paying jobs in the economy.  

U.S. History

Michael Troy

I can answer just about any question on early American History. My specialties are the American Revolution through the Civil War/Reconstruction. I also have greater expertise in matters relating to military, political or legal history.

I have lectured at George Washington University regarding the Civil War, as well as several elementary school Civil War demonstrations. I was also a member of a Civil War reenactment group for about 10 years.

J.D. University of Michigan B.A. George Washington University

Truman Scholar