U.S. History/Neutrality essay.

Question
So im having a super hard time with this. Mainly because I can't find much on the specific question. I've read lots of books and articles about neutrality in the war but nothing to help with this essay. A layout of how I should write the essay or anything really would be helpful. Thanks!
INSTRUCTIONS-
Write a persuasive essay from the point of view of a person living in America from 1914 to 1918.
QUESTION-
Write an essay that urges President Wilson to keep America neutral.

Answer
You could make the following arguments:

Up until that time, the US had always maintained neutrality.  They followed George Washington's advice to avoid foreign entanglements.  As such, America grew and prospered while Europe struggled and suffered through multiple wars.  The US had no treaty to protect or help any particular country in Europe.  Entering the war would only cost the US in treasure and lives.  

Also, the US had a large German American population.  Entering the war against Germany could potentially divide the country and create internal divisions.  

The US was not a major military power at the time.  Its involvement in the war might not even have that much impact on the final outcome.

One argument for entering the war was that German submarines had attacked American shipping in the Atlantic.  But that was because American shipping was supplying arms and equipment to Germany's enemies.  If American remained truly neutral and did not supply the allies, there would be no attacks on its ships.

- Mike  

U.S. History

Michael Troy