U.S. Politics/US President Eligibitlity

QUESTION: what are the Eligibilities for us president nomination?

ANSWER: Hi there,

For Republicans, the nomination simply requires earning the votes of the majority of delegates at the convention, which is 1237. The same is true for Democrats but the number of votes needed to win is 2383.

I hope that this helps!

QUESTION: Is anyone can participate in president elections or are there any rules like she experience?

Hello again,

While anyone may run for president, the US Constitution specifies the qualifications needed for someone to serve as president: The person must be a "natural born citizen," at least 35 years old, and a resident of the US for 14 years. Aside from those three qualifications, anyone may become president of the US.

- Marc  

U.S. Politics

Marc Aperio

I'll be glad to answer any question related to US politics, regarding domestic or international issues.

I've studied US history and politics for nearly 20 years. I'm currently also volunteering in the American, European, and Medieval history categories.

My newest book WE NEED TO TALK: 27 DIALOGUES ON RACE IN AMERICA is available in the Amazon Kindle store. Also the author of AMERICAN REVOLUTION 2016: RATIONALE AND AIMS FOR RADICAL CHANGE

BA History (High Honors)