UFOs/Aliens/im not sure WHAT this was :S

hey, i saw something bizarre today during a meteor shower, at first i thought it was a meteor, but it was moving was slower than the first meteor i saw, (my friends and i only saw 3 altogether,we live in the city)  .  MY one friend says its just a satellite, or a plane. well planes cant fly in the way this thing was flying. im not saying it was a spaceship, maybe it WAS a satellite. but the only flight patterns ive seen for a satellite are even and round. i can draw it if youd like, but it , squiggled, it moved WAY slower than a meteor, i was fixed on it for a good 2 minutes. AND it turned, slowly, if i could say it was going down towards the horizon, it slowly changed course to right of my horizon. it then dissapeared, and we saw another one on the other side, it might have been the same one. this ones flight pattern was also squiggly, we saw one last one, but this one did NOT squiggle, and  had a straight flight pattern. im also gonna note they looked just like a star, but you could tell it wasnt as faraway , and all three dots had the same brightness.   any help?,  btw we live in metro-vancouver

Hi, it could be so many things. Oftentimes unusual or seemingly convincingly sightings are officially explained as weather balloons. Conspiracy theorists tend to dismiss that idea. But for most of us, we just can't know for sure.

If you search Google using keywords "report UFO" you'll find a Canadian and an American link where you can possibly report your observations.

I hope this helps.

Michael Clark, Ph.D.

Human beings almost always interpret reality. Even with so-called paranormal or spiritual experiences, an interpretive process usually follows.

With this in mind, I'm interested in how the alleged experience of UFOs and Aliens affects human beings.

I'm not a debunker of UFOs and Aliens nor a blind believer. If you're looking for statistics, a verification or refutation of popular cases in the media or historical answers, please ask another expert. But if you're seeking a psychological, cultural and spiritual analysis of the belief in UFOs and Aliens, I can most likely be of assistance.

Well, no I haven't been on a space ship and I have not seen an ET. But I've been interested in the idea for a long time.

Print Media:
My table from "Religions and Cults" at is reproduced with permission in L. Lindsey, S. Beach and B. Ravelli, Core Concepts in Sociology, 2nd ed., p. 157

World Wide Web:
My online article "Letter to God" coauthored with Buddhist monk, E. Raymond Rock, appears on several different spirituality-based websites, including

I've interviewed, as a Christian, a self-proclaimed mystic:

My articles appeared at the former New View magazine and are published at

Ph.D. in Religious Studies
M.A. in Comparative Religion
B.A. Hon. in Psychology/Sociology
For more info, please see my CV and letters of recommendation and my blog at