UFOs/Aliens/Student Questions

My third grade student has some questions for a research project. Could you answer one or more?  1. Can aliens breathe our oxygen? 2. What species of aliens are there? 3. Do they live in the Milky Way? 4. What planets are there that aliens live on? 5. Do a lot of people get kidnapped by aliens? -Thank you so much!

1. Can aliens breathe our oxygen?

Some people believe they can. Others wonder if maybe they would come from a planet where the people didn't breathe air, but some other kind of gas.

2. What species of aliens are there?

There is no scientific proof of aliens. But some people believe there are many different types. To see what different people believe, just Google >> different types of aliens <<

3. Do they live in the Milky Way?

They may. They may live even further away, in another galaxy. Again, nobody has really proved (to the rest of us) that they exist.

4. What planets are there that aliens live on?

Some believe that the planets may be quite unlike Earth. Some of their planets might even be gas planets instead of planets made up of solid matter and liquid.

5. Do a lot of people get kidnapped by aliens?

Again, we don't really know. But some people SAY they were kidnapped by aliens. The way they usually talk about it is called "alien abduction."

I hope this helps!

Michael Clark, Ph.D.

Human beings almost always interpret reality. Even with so-called paranormal or spiritual experiences, an interpretive process usually follows.

With this in mind, I'm interested in how the alleged experience of UFOs and Aliens affects human beings.

I'm not a debunker of UFOs and Aliens nor a blind believer. If you're looking for statistics, a verification or refutation of popular cases in the media or historical answers, please ask another expert. But if you're seeking a psychological, cultural and spiritual analysis of the belief in UFOs and Aliens, I can most likely be of assistance.

Well, no I haven't been on a space ship and I have not seen an ET. But I've been interested in the idea for a long time.

Print Media:
My table from "Religions and Cults" at earthpages.org is reproduced with permission in L. Lindsey, S. Beach and B. Ravelli, Core Concepts in Sociology, 2nd ed., p. 157

World Wide Web:
My online article "Letter to God" coauthored with Buddhist monk, E. Raymond Rock, appears on several different spirituality-based websites, including http://tinyurl.com/db7a5o

I've interviewed, as a Christian, a self-proclaimed mystic: http://tinyurl.com/cawykr

My articles appeared at the former New View magazine nuvunow.ca and are published at earthpages.org.

Ph.D. in Religious Studies
M.A. in Comparative Religion
B.A. Hon. in Psychology/Sociology
For more info, please see my CV and letters of recommendation and my blog at michaelwclark.com.