UFOs/Aliens/I have a question.

I am doing a 9th grade English paper on the question of "Could aliens exist?" My answer is that I do think that they could exist, but I wanted to get a more interesting opinion on this topic. I was hoping you could give me an answer on what you believe and a reason for that answer. Thank you for your time and your help.

Carly, I'll be honest. I'd love to help but I don't think my reasons for believing that ETs could exist would cut it for a grade 9 English class. So let me refer you to a couple of more general pieces I've written about ETs.

Best of luck.

Michael Clark, Ph.D.

Human beings almost always interpret reality. Even with so-called paranormal or spiritual experiences, an interpretive process usually follows.

With this in mind, I'm interested in how the alleged experience of UFOs and Aliens affects human beings.

I'm not a debunker of UFOs and Aliens nor a blind believer. If you're looking for statistics, a verification or refutation of popular cases in the media or historical answers, please ask another expert. But if you're seeking a psychological, cultural and spiritual analysis of the belief in UFOs and Aliens, I can most likely be of assistance.

Well, no I haven't been on a space ship and I have not seen an ET. But I've been interested in the idea for a long time.

Print Media:
My table from "Religions and Cults" at earthpages.org is reproduced with permission in L. Lindsey, S. Beach and B. Ravelli, Core Concepts in Sociology, 2nd ed., p. 157

World Wide Web:
My online article "Letter to God" coauthored with Buddhist monk, E. Raymond Rock, appears on several different spirituality-based websites, including http://tinyurl.com/db7a5o

I've interviewed, as a Christian, a self-proclaimed mystic: http://tinyurl.com/cawykr

My articles appeared at the former New View magazine nuvunow.ca and are published at earthpages.org.

Ph.D. in Religious Studies
M.A. in Comparative Religion
B.A. Hon. in Psychology/Sociology
For more info, please see my CV and letters of recommendation and my blog at michaelwclark.com.