UK Autos/Skoda octavia 1.9 tdi "ASR "light stays on

"i wanted to buy a used skoda octavia 1.9 tdi , i found one that i liked at a car dealer .
its 2001 model . i wanted to ask a question about the ASR the battery was flat when i started the engine so we jump start using another battery . the ASR light stays on after the ignition ,my question is :  does the ASR turned off by default after changing the battery ?! cause i have  found out later that there is a button to turn on/off the ASR .

Hi first off modern car are not really my expert area but after doing some research I have found out This is a very common issue on this model...The most common cause of this is a faulty connection or even broken wire either coming off the back of the alternator or in the loom going to it..This wont necessarily cause any charging issues with the battery - although it†can†so be aware of that ...You could have a plug in diagnostic test done at a local garage if you wish - that will with this fault , usually produce a fault code for "load sensing error - low voltage" ..and that is the reason why as above..Or you can just get the vehicle up in the air and check all that as above very carefully -†Again - 99/100 thats the fault but†if†not- you will have to have the codes read as above to trace the fault ...But I would strongly suggest go to the wiring first.
As I said my main area is vintage and classic cars and cars upto the late 90s. Hope this has helped you out.

UK Autos

Mechanical, Servicing, Restoration, Parts for Vintage and Classic cars mainly British Vintage and Classic cars, donít know much about modern electronic systems in newer cars but do have a lot of knowledge about Vintage and Classic cars and cars up to the late 90's.

I have growing up around Vintage and Classic cars my whole life and used to help my uncle service and repaired them since 1992. After i left school i did my apprenticeship in mechanics starting in 1998 and stopped doing mechanics in 2003 due to a slipped disc in my back. By the age of 13 i could strip and rebuild engines and gearboxes for 20's, 30's and 50's cars that my uncle used for weddings i could also service them as well then my uncle would check to make sure everything was done right. Please Note my expert area is mainly on Vintage and Classic Cars up to 1990.

1998 to 2002 Aprentaship with P&G Autos 2002 to 2008 employed as a mechanic with P&G Autos