UK Autos/Starting Problem on a MG Midget

Question
Hi there I have a problem with my 1973 MG Midget 1275cc engine for some reason the car will not start at all, I have checked to see if I am getting a spark at all 4 spark plugs which I am. There used to be a ticking noise from the back of the car when I turned on the ignition but now it has stopped and I have been having this problem since the ticking stopped.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
David

Answer
Hi David,
The ticking noise is your was your fuel pump as on the MG Midget it is electric and comes on when you switch on the ignition, unfortunately I can not remember what side of the car the pump is on but I know it is under the Midget around the rear wheel arch area.

The problem could be electrical as I know the contacts that the wires go on to get dirty if it is not that then it will be the points inside the pump it's self.

UK Autos

DelMac