UK Car Repair/vauxhall corsa 1.7 diesel w reg 2000

i need to replace the starter on my vauxhall corsa 1.7 diesel w reg. &  need to know how to get at it. if i should remove drive shaft or something else to get at it easier.
thank you for your time

Starter Motor:

** Always remove battery when working on the starter, shorting the+ lead can start a fire, kill your battery, weld a hole in the bodywork or blind you **

Generally if you cant get it out with a socket set and ring spanners you will have to remove something, it's best practice to remove the 'least important or least complex parts you can, as theyre more robust and you therefore minimise risk of accidental damage.

I'd shirk removing parts of the drivetrain if at all possible ;)

Try as best you can with the car on ramps and a well furnished tool box :)
only then start pulling the car apart to get to it, but so long as you know what you're doing (including tightening the steering/suspension components back to the right torque) you're ok, but of course, it's upto you how much care you put into the job.

UK Car Repair

Christian Boyce

Extensive knowledge of cars designed between 1900 and 2000. I have an interest in keeping these early cars on the road - I love the classics and want to keep them around. I'M BACK!. A LOT of reasonably classic cars are going TO SCRAP with no good reason. I want to stop that. If it's cool and you're having trouble with it, just ask. Also I'm looking for a job. I can do bodywork too. Not welding yet. Everything else and more though.

Too much to list............ Honest, I tried.

Elec-Installation (bolton college) Digital and analogue Electronics (Bol Col.) Digital Microprocessor Electronics (Bol Col.) - Pc Inst, Diagnosis/Repair NVQ3 Bury College.

Man of the match!, 1st place Blackburn indoor karting, 15th overall RallyQuest 2009 (Rally driving).