UK Car Repair/vauxhall zafria

Question
w reg 2000 2.0 diesel will not start diesel get to injectors check all fuses all ok the ECU light has been coming on for about 6 months been on computer and the egr valve was the fault but car has been ok with this problem went out yesterday turned car when come back would not start

Answer
if it has heater plugs ensure the plugs are getting power. (lightbulb in place of a plug/multimeter)

if the egr valve has jammed open it could mess the mixture up enough to not start.(remove+unjam)

disconnect a few sensors to force ecu into limp mode and see if it will start like that (airflow meter/maf is best) - could be a bad sensor (not neccesarily maf) causing bad mixture: limp mode uses it's own mixture settings ignorant of what the sensors say.

run the heater plugs twice/3 times before trying to start.

check oil level - too low prevents it starting.

btw, what actual codes did you get from diagnostics?

sorry for such a roughshod reply, I'm rushed off my feet today.

UK Car Repair

Christian Boyce