UK Car Repair/vauxhall zafria

w reg 2000 2.0 diesel will not start diesel get to injectors check all fuses all ok the ECU light has been coming on for about 6 months been on computer and the egr valve was the fault but car has been ok with this problem went out yesterday turned car when come back would not start

if it has heater plugs ensure the plugs are getting power. (lightbulb in place of a plug/multimeter)

if the egr valve has jammed open it could mess the mixture up enough to not start.(remove+unjam)

disconnect a few sensors to force ecu into limp mode and see if it will start like that (airflow meter/maf is best) - could be a bad sensor (not neccesarily maf) causing bad mixture: limp mode uses it's own mixture settings ignorant of what the sensors say.

run the heater plugs twice/3 times before trying to start.

check oil level - too low prevents it starting.

btw, what actual codes did you get from diagnostics?

sorry for such a roughshod reply, I'm rushed off my feet today.

UK Car Repair

Christian Boyce

Extensive knowledge of cars designed between 1900 and 2000. I have an interest in keeping these early cars on the road - I love the classics and want to keep them around. I'M BACK!. A LOT of reasonably classic cars are going TO SCRAP with no good reason. I want to stop that. If it's cool and you're having trouble with it, just ask. Also I'm looking for a job. I can do bodywork too. Not welding yet. Everything else and more though.

Too much to list............ Honest, I tried.

Elec-Installation (bolton college) Digital and analogue Electronics (Bol Col.) Digital Microprocessor Electronics (Bol Col.) - Pc Inst, Diagnosis/Repair NVQ3 Bury College.

Man of the match!, 1st place Blackburn indoor karting, 15th overall RallyQuest 2009 (Rally driving).