UK Car Repair/Astra F knocking sensor

I have a Opel Astra -95 1.8 C18XEL Engine. It has a trouble code for knocking sensor and as I started to look for the problem I noticed the wire from the sensor is not connected anywhere. There is just loose connector hanging there. I have tried to look for the connector where this is supposed to go for several days now with no success. Cant find anything from the internet either. Local junk yard had these with 1.6 engine only. Can you help me with this?

One thing to check, if its not the original engine it could have had the knock wring ripped off in the swap process and had the loom tape wrapped over the exposed pieces, happens more often than I'd like. (Last uninvasive method).

Otherwise, fix it by chopping up the ecu loom. :o)
Satisfying, but somewhat brutal.

The pinouts for ECU and sensor.

Its the same on all of them too. Fairly universal wiring scheme.

UK Car Repair

Christian Boyce

Extensive knowledge of cars designed between 1900 and 2000. I have an interest in keeping these early cars on the road - I love the classics and want to keep them around. I'M BACK!. A LOT of reasonably classic cars are going TO SCRAP with no good reason. I want to stop that. If it's cool and you're having trouble with it, just ask. Also I'm looking for a job. I can do bodywork too. Not welding yet. Everything else and more though.

Too much to list............ Honest, I tried.

Elec-Installation (bolton college) Digital and analogue Electronics (Bol Col.) Digital Microprocessor Electronics (Bol Col.) - Pc Inst, Diagnosis/Repair NVQ3 Bury College.

Man of the match!, 1st place Blackburn indoor karting, 15th overall RallyQuest 2009 (Rally driving).