UK Car Repair/Astra F knocking sensor

Question
Hi!
I have a Opel Astra -95 1.8 C18XEL Engine. It has a trouble code for knocking sensor and as I started to look for the problem I noticed the wire from the sensor is not connected anywhere. There is just loose connector hanging there. I have tried to look for the connector where this is supposed to go for several days now with no success. Cant find anything from the internet either. Local junk yard had these with 1.6 engine only. Can you help me with this?

Answer
One thing to check, if its not the original engine it could have had the knock wring ripped off in the swap process and had the loom tape wrapped over the exposed pieces, happens more often than I'd like. (Last uninvasive method).

Otherwise, fix it by chopping up the ecu loom. :o)
Satisfying, but somewhat brutal.

The pinouts for ECU and sensor.

http://www.euroscan.hu/files/sim561.pdf

Its the same on all of them too. Fairly universal wiring scheme.

UK Car Repair

Christian Boyce