UK Car Repair/SU Carburettor jets

Question
Hello Mr. Boyce
My query is regarding the jets for the SU carburettor.
I have a pair of used, good condition 1.75" SU carburettor complete with needles but without the jets.

I happen to have a few sets of old stock but unused jets for the 1.25" and 1.50" SU carburettor around. Physically they fit nicely to the 1.75" SU carburettor but I am wondering whether they are suitable for the needles of the bigger carburettor. I know the jets come in 0.090 and 0.100 sizes.

I would appreciate your views.

YAHAYA

Answer
I suppose the jets and needles are physically the same or very similar between the carbs same as the jets, lean STD rich... , I dont see there being a problem building a carb out of all different bits either, so long as it makes a good mixture. What engine/car is this frankencarb going into? any modifications to intake/exhaust/engine?  

UK Car Repair

Christian Boyce