UK Computing/Speed up my computer

Question
Hi Andrew, hope you can help, when starting my computer as i try to access the Internet on my home page the blue loading bar at the bottom of the page take forever to load causing us to time out. Once we have got onto the Internet loading takes ages and the computer keeps freezing, i have used Ccleaner and using Virgin media as a security system i wonder i you could help with any answers in regards to speeding up my PC.

Many thanks peter

Answer
Hi Peter

It is difficult to say exactly as you have not told me what operating system you are using, which version of browser, speed of your connection etc..

It could be be a piece of malware or it could be an add-on that is failing to load which will make your browser time out.

Follow this link to start IE in Safe Mode:   Windows Safe Mode

Also (if you can) download Malwarebytes and run that.

Hope this helps, if it doesn't scratch the surface please come back to me and explain a little further.

Regards
Andrew
www.pcpal.co.uk

UK Computing

Andrew Wright