UK Computing/Downloading Problem

Question
QUESTION: Dear Wright,

Hopefully you will be fine there, I am facing a problem regarding downloading, I don't know this question is related to your field of expertise or not.:)

My problem is this ,

"Whenever i try to download a file from internet through Browser's download manager it stops at 99%. Please tell me how to resolve this problem."

I will be really thankful to you.

Faheem

ANSWER: Hi Faheem

It sounds like your anti-virus program is checking the file to make sure you are not getting infected by a virus etc.

I presume that you have left it alone for more than a few mins?

If so and the file looks like it's locked, check your Anti-Virus or try a different browser.

Also check for any tool bar apps that may do the same job as your AV and disable them, they could be conflicting.

Internet Explorer
Chrome
Firefox
Safari

Hope this helps
Andrew

QUESTION: Hi Andrew,

Thanks a lot for a very quick response. Highly appreciated.

i would like to tell you :

I don't have any AV software installed on my computer. But i am facing a problem with a virus named "SVCHOST.EXE". Can it be the cause of that incomplete downloading problem ?

Second i am using latest version of Chrome and Mozila.

Please help me in this regard, i will be really thankful to u.

Thanks in advance.

Faheem

Answer
Hello again

As you are unable to download any anti-virus programs to install on your PC to get rid of any viruses that may be on your computer you will have to use an online scanner that does not install onto your PC.

Please goto the following page and run this scanner.

http://www.eset.co.uk/Antivirus-Utilities/Online-Scanner

Good luck!

Andrew

UK Computing

Andrew Wright