UK Computing/wireless and Ethernet connection

Question
Is it possible to have an Ethernet and wireless connection on my pc at the same time, as I currently have an Ethernet connection but would like to cast movies to my TV via a wireless connection

Thanks

Answer
Hi Ian

Windows automatically connects to the connection with the lowest metric value, that is to say the best connection performance.

If you would prefer to use one connection over the other then disable the one that you do not wish to use.

You cannot connect to wireless and wired at the same time and use them both (at the same time).

Both connections may be "Connected" but Windows will only use one at a time and will always check to see which is the best.

May suggestion would be to use either Windows Media Server or TVersity to share your streams to the TV which I presume can see Media Servers?

Regards
Andrew

UK Computing

Andrew Wright