UK Computing/internet acess

what is the system we use in hotel or airport..... to get an limited time internet access?

ANSWER: Hello georges
Wellcome to Allexperts and thanks for your question. I will try and help. I am assuming that you are talking about open wi-fi which is usage on an existing wired internet connection provided by hotels or airports, and called sometimes hotspots.And enclosed connection specific to that place via their portal.
These are provided by them for users of the facilities to gain access via internet , often for free or for a paid limited period by charging credit cards etc.
Hope that answers your query
Best regards

Please feel free to rate my answers to assist other questioners

QUESTION: Yes this is the answer thank you.
But ther are a specific program or software?
What is the topologie of this system?
10x again

Hello Georges
Thank you for your follow up. To answer your secondary question , hotels and airports use a variety of software programs to run a 'closed' connection , specific to themselves. Cafes or restaurants are most likely to have a standard router , wired to internet access , via a provider such as BT , Talk Talk , Vodafone etc .which then side bands internet access to its guests for free.
Paid for allowance type internet is provided by a company who specialise in setting up wi-fi connections , via a provider , who then make their website only accessible for a payment for 'buying blocks of time' through its own portal.
Most UK cafes , etc provide free Hotspots which they are happy to supply , as persons using the internet are more likely to buy more coffee and meals whilst using the service.
This link will give you an idea of how many companies provide these paid for services :

Hope that answers you.

Best regards
Please rate my answer as it helps others, thank you ( and previous answers )

UK Computing

Mark Thomas

Help with choosing all kinds of computers and peripherals,from desktops,netbooks,laptops.and gaming rigs. Setting up in home or office environment.Previously held 12 categories of computing "expertise" Installation of software and advice on network and hardware set ups, installations , Virus and malware removal, purchasing the right system , and suggestions for "freeware".I repair and install PCs as a job. General polite and friendly advice to beginners and experienced users with just about all things in the computing world. Here to help and glad to assist you. (30+yrs experience )Volunteer Expert Since Oct 2010 Please re - send question if I am shown as "MAXED OUT" There is a lot of problems out there.

Systems Network installer and controller,System roll out and beta tester supervisor Network administrator and system analyst. National Instructor in various PC systems I have been a computer "geek" for over 30yrs and and have purchased and repaired almost every type of computer from the ZX Spectrum in 1982,right up to my current advanced gaming rig. I have encountered every problem and made every mistake along the way ! and can hopefully give sound practical advice to those new and old , as I have worn their shoes, and been there and done that.

Voted 2nd "Top Expert" in all categories Sept. 2010 ( 7,500 experts )

1 x lifelong practical experience graduate Various Systems and Technical courses too numerous ( and boring ) to list.

National Computer Instructor Top PC expert in 12 categories 2010