UK Computing/Unresponsive script

Recently I keep getting the following message come up when I access my emails. It seems to be slowing everything down. Do you have any suggestions about what I can do to resolve it. I am using Windows 7 and my intenet browser is Firefox.

'A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding. You can stop the script now, open the script in the debugger, or let the script continue.

Script: resource://gre/modules/commonj…nsion/data/jquery-2.1.0.min.js:2'

Hi Malcolm

As you say this happens when you try to open emails (but using Firefox) I presume that it is webmail.

Sometimes webmail providers have advertising which may have become compromised (malware) or just poorly written code which may cause the script to run longer than normal causing Firefox to give you this messasge.

Here is the FAQ for Firefox:

Also you can check the following plugins are up to date:

Java: (if you don't have Java installed at all use the next link to download the latest version)

Adobe Shockwave:

Adobe Flash Player:

All of the above should be installed for trouble free browsing.

***   NOTE  ***

Keep your AntiVirus Software up to date and don't trust FREE AV software (it's free because it's not a full suite of software to keep you safe).

Hope this helps.

UK Computing

Andrew Wright

Most items to do with computers/computing, wired and wireless technologies. Software/ hardware. Not a great knowledge in Linux or Mac O/S

20+ years in the field

SO/HO, numerous consumer & SMB