You are here:

UK Real Estate/moving out before signing the contract


amelia22 wrote at 2012-08-29 11:36:04
You can be move out,but you have to pay whole rent decided when you entered in the house

The Landlord is not responsible for external noise, smells etc.According to law you and the landlady are bound by some rules and acts which requires that you should not leave this house before six months.So try to solve the problems,as this will be beneficial for both, you and Landlords.Plaza estate agent can help you to find the most suitable properties in London regions.

amelia22 wrote at 2012-12-08 07:23:11
Hi Sandra,

It actually a big problem to deal with. As far as the property law is concerned, you are bounded by the agreement that you signed before buying it. Therefore you both have to serve out the fixed term tenancy which is a minimum of 6 months initially. After this time period you can make changes as per your requirements.

I think, immediately changing homes is not a good strategy. However, if you have to find out actual terms and conditions, you can take help of real estate firms. For more details about rental laws (in the UK), you can read articles on, which should help put you in the right direction.

UK Real Estate

All Answers

Ask Experts


Lisa Orme


I am a property investor, property developer and a mortgage adviser based in England. I can answer questions on many aspects of property ownership including buying and selling, renting, investing, tenants, etc. Answers will predominantly be for England and Wales though I am familiar with many aspects of Scottish and overseas property; depending upon questions and how they relate to each country’s laws. Particular specialism in deal structuring, problem solving and creative strategies.


I have run my own property business for ten years. I have experience of being both a tenant and a landlord and of running a letting agency. I have purchased a large number of properties, carried out a range of developments from basic refurbishments to complete new build. I have assisted and advised thousands of individuals worldwide on property investing, developing and management. I have written many published articles, write a regular blog on property am currently writing a number of books on a variety of property related topics.

FSA Registered

Property Investor News, Your Property Network, The Property Place, numerous websites and article databases

CEMAP qualified mortgage adviser. CIPD qualified trainer; I have designed and delivered a large number of training courses and materials. A range of non-property related qualifications.

Awards and Honors
Certificate in Mortgage Advice and Practice, CIPD Certificate in Training Practice

©2017 All rights reserved.