UK Relationships/IT’S BREAKING

Question
I was wondering would you please explain to me: why do some people break their friendships with their friends when they are in a relationship?

(P.S would you please try to give your answer in a easy way that I can understand)
Thanks

Answer
While each situation is different, Every relationship needs energy to keep it going, so if your friendship has been on a downward slope for some time, it will probably just end quietly and slowly on its own. Not every set of friends needs to rehash their issues before walking away from each other. Some friendships evolve and change, while others are more temporary in nature.It's one thing to have a friendship end, but another issue entirely when you don't understand the reasons behind it. When your friendship ends, you have to give yourself time to grieve and move on from the relationship. But when you add to this the burden of wondering what you might have said or done to hasten the end, it can add emotional uncertainty that leaves you doubting yourself with any new friendships you form.There is a difference between a friendship that is entirely dead and one in which two people are just drifting apart. If you naturally grow emotionally in opposite directions, your friendship will come to a halt, but there is always the opportunity to revive it at some point. People who drift apart without a dramatic end will have a better chance of picking up where they left off and continuing their friendship at a future date when both friends are on more equal footing. This happens a lot when one friend moves away, gets married, or has another major life change.
Friends don't always follow the same path emotionally, so sometimes they drift off in separate directions. If this sounds like you and your friend, try to understand where your friend is coming from. It doesn't mean the end of your friendship necessarily, but it probably does mean that things will change. Give you and your friend time to adapt.Don't silently just let your friendship slip away, because this will make you feel worse down the line. Talking with your friend when you know something is wrong but they won't say is incredibly awkward, but don't let that stop you. If you care about the friendship, you owe it to yourself (and your friend) to address it.

Don't be surprised if your friend denies there is anything wrong. Sometimes a friendship begins to feel "off" and we aren't really sure why because we are afraid to examine it. Talking about it might be hard, but it's the right thing to do. If you discuss things and come to the conclusion that you and your friend aren't meant to hang out together anymore, so be it. But if you never bring it up, you'll waste a lot of time later wondering why.If you have no idea why your friendship is ending, it either has nothing to do with you or you haven't been honest with yourself about your behavior. Have you behaved poorly? Did you take your friend for granted? Talk about this with someone close to the situation (your friend or a third party that knows you both) in order to get some honest feedback. If your friend is willing to discuss it, ask them for examples where you have not been a friend, but do it with the attitude of learning about yourself rather than arguing with your pal. Your friendship may still end after you discuss it, but at least you will know what the issues were.

If the end of your relationship is more about what your friend is going through than about you, wish them the best and move on from the friendship. Do this even if you can't talk with them directly. Acknowledge the end in your heart and say a prayer wishing them the best. Don't get caught up in continually wondering "what you did." Instead, do your best going forward. Then, get active in new situations and in meeting more people.Answer:

The term BFF has pushed the notion that good friends, even best friends, are meant to be in your life forever, or until one of you passes. While some friendships do span an entire lifetime, others come and go. Friendships change as your life changes. Sometimes a friend's life mirrors your own, and as a result it's easier to stay friends for a long time. Other friendships may fade away for a while, only to regain strength and start anew later on.

I think the hardest thing to come to grips with in terms of friendship is why some friends leave us. We may have had good friends that we liked hanging around with, and yet after a few years they are gone and we may never see them again. People often beat themselves up over the fact that a friendship ends, but the reality is that some people really are meant to be in our lives only a short time.
Instead of feeling bad when friendships naturally end, try these tips:
• Change your perspective. Instead of thinking, "My friend is gone," be grateful for the things you learned from your pal. Every friendship shows us a little bit more about ourselves.

• Leave the door open to revive the friendship down the line. If your friend has pulled away from you and you've tried everything to smooth things over, take a step back and just let your friend know you'll still be there if they want to be pals again sometime.

• Make new friends. Nothing can "replace" your friend, but continually making new friends will help you keep things in perspective. You will be able to move on more easily if you are engaged with a variety of people.

Friends come and go from our lives, and it's perfectly natural to move on from a friend if you two don't continue to share things in common. Be open to meeting new people so you'll continue to benefit from new friends, even if they don't stay in your life forever.  

UK Relationships

matthew